Sunday, January 5, 2014

Getting Started - My Mission for a Balanced Life

Through this blog, it is my intention to embark on a journey of self-improvement. Although I find her a little ooey-gooey, I will be using Crystal Andrus as my guide through her book Simply...Woman!

Here are the getting started steps (as in, before week 1 where I actually follow her plan):

  1. Gather what you need:
  2. Record everything you eat for 3 days
  3. Measure where you are now
  4. Sign your own contract
  5. Make the most of this program
  6. Success Tracker
Gathering the tools:
  • journal --> I will be using this blog
  • running shoes --> check (although new ones would be beneficial)
  • weights --> she recommends 3 lb dumbbells and 8 lb dumbbells but soup cans and water bottles work to start (so maybe I will invest in dumbbells later)
  • measuring tools --> cloth measuring tape (check), a scale (don't have one....maybe I will buy one or weigh in at work), a watch (with a second hand for checking heart rate), full length mirror, camera
Recording food:
  • Thursday:
    • Breakfast: bowl of Honey Graham Oh's
    • Lunch: piece of pizza and a lot of carrots dipped in dressing
    • Dinner: Vegetable Barely soup (from Progresso) with colby jack cheese and a tortilla
  • Friday:
    • Breakfast: bowl of Honey Graham Oh's
    • Lunch: half a slice of pizza and chicken nuggetd with chipotle mayo on top
    • Dinner: large piece of chile relleno casserole, spinach salad, Spanish rice
  • Saturday:
    • Breakfast: fruit smoothie (strawberries, OJ, and banana) and 2 pieces of sausage (might have to ask my hubby not to put them all on the table)
    • Lunch: miso soup, fried avocado with salmon and crab on top
    • Dinner: stuffed salmon (cream cheese, lobster, some sort of sugary marinade), sweet potato fries, spinach salad
Measure where you are now:
  • Imagine photograph in a bikini...maybe I will post it in here. Right now I don't feel gutsy enough.
  • Body Measurements, average dress size, weight, current fitness level --> all to be inserted in the Success Tracker (which I will post in a subsequent post)
Sign your Contract
  • I, MR, agree to commit to the development and enhancement of my body and my life. I promise to love and respect myself and to take the time each day to honor that commitment by following all the steps outlined in this 12 week program.
  • I promise to hold myself totally and completely accountable for all my choices, every emotion and reaction, both negative and positive, and I won't blame anyone for my shortcomings or failures. I know that life may sometimes get in the way and that I may encounter people who don't agree with my needs or desires, but I've made this commitment to myself - body, mind, and soul. I know that life will only give me what I demand of it, so it's up to me to make my dreams come true.
  • I promise to do my best at work and leave work at work. I commit to daily excercise both for myself and my dog. I commit to making time for both reading and writing in my free time and to hiking and biking more frequently. I commit to treating my husband with the utmost love and respect, while encouraging him to get active with me.
 Sincerely,
MR
01-05-2014

Make the Most Out of the Program:

  • Read the Beginning of the Journey and Week One --> Check!
  • Do not read ahead.
  • Build on what I've learned each week.
  • Don't get discouraged.
  • Chat at simplywoman.com if I need support
  • Stay focused - all day, every day.
*Success Tracker to be added in subsequent post.

No comments:

Post a Comment